The OMS Agent for Linux is now generally available. The OMS Agent for Linux enables rich and real-time analytics for operational data (Syslog, Performance, Alerts, Inventory) from Linux servers, Docker Containers and monitoring tools like Nagios, Zabbix and System Center. This latest agent release is v1.2.0-25. This update introduces a couple of bug fixes and new features as detailed in Github. Read the announcement and other details from the official OMS blog here.
- If metric value is null then value is not sent up to the OMS Service
- Additional logic to ensure that correct OMS Workspace ID is presented during on-boarding
- OMS Heartbeat now shows Computer Name
- Public Preview of OMS Container Solution
- sudo in_tail plugin to allow privileged tail of files
- AuditD filter plugin
- StatsD aggregator filter plugin
- MongoDB performance plugin [Preview]
- MySQL performance plugin [Preview]
Install OMS Agent for Linux – v1.2.0-25
For x86 Architecture (32-bit) system:
sudo bash omsagent-1.2.0-25.universal.x86.sh --upgrade -w <WORKSPACE_ID> -s <SECRET_KEY>
For x64 Architecture (64-bit) System
sudo bash omsagent-1.2.0-25.universal.x64.sh --upgrade -w <WORKSPACE_ID> -s <SECRET_KEY>
Where WORKSPACE_ID Is the ID for your OMS workspace, and the SECRET_KEY is the relevant key for your OMS workspace.
To determine your OMS workspace ID and primary key:
- Sign into the OMS workspace
- From the Overview page, click on Settings.
- In the Settings page, click on the Connected Sources tab
Latest posts by Chiyo Odika (see all)
- Azure Monitor Management solution for RDS, Windows VDI and Citrix - February 28, 2019
- Hybrid Cloud Print Known Issues and Workarounds - February 28, 2019
- Hybrid Cloud Print with Passthrough Authentication – Detailed steps - February 28, 2019