Just dropping a note about the latest generally available OMS agent for Linux version v1.2.0-148. This update has been out for some time, and adds some new functionality for network related performance counters as well as fixes a few bugs. The official documentation is on Github.
- In some cases the omiagent component causes core files to be generated.
- In some cases, segmentation faults occur when using the latest version of Docker.
- Network Related Performance Counters
Install OMS Agent for Linux – v1.2.0-148
For x86 Architecture (32-bit) system:
cd ~ wget https://github.com/Microsoft/OMS-Agent-for-Linux/releases/download/OMSAgent-201610-v1.2.0-148/omsagent-1.2.0-148.universal.x86.sh sha256sum ./omsagent-1.2.0-148.universal.x86.sh sudo bash omsagent-1.2.0-148.universal.x86.sh --upgrade -w <WORKSPACE_ID> -s <SECRET_KEY>
For x64 Architecture (64-bit) System:
cd ~ wget https://github.com/Microsoft/OMS-Agent-for-Linux/releases/download/OMSAgent-201610-v1.2.0-148/omsagent-1.2.0-148.universal.x64.sh sha256sum ./omsagent-1.2.0-148.universal.x64.sh sudo bash omsagent-1.2.0-148.universal.x64.sh --upgrade -w <WORKSPACE_ID> -s <SECRET_KEY>
Where WORKSPACE_ID Is the ID for your OMS workspace, and the SECRET_KEY is the relevant key for your OMS workspace.
To determine your OMS workspace ID and primary key:
- Sign into the OMS workspace
- From the Overview page, click on Settings.
- In the Settings page, click on the Connected Sources tab
The following two tabs change content below.
Strategist. Technologist. Skeptic. Friend.
Latest posts by Chiyo Odika (see all)
- Replicate Proximity Placement Group workloads in Azure - January 13, 2021
- Azure NetApp Files (ANF) – Deploy with JSON - October 9, 2020
- Addressing Critical ZeroLogon Vulnerability CVE-2020-1472 - September 26, 2020